1. Any dog four months or older must be chipped
2. Any dog in a public place must wear an ID tag with a minimum of a contact number of the owner or keeper
3. The owner of a dog is the person who the dog is registered under with the chip registrar – if your dog isnt chipped and somebody else chips it in their name, they are the owner.
4. its illegal to sell puppies under 8 weeks old, and from 2/4/2014 illegal to sell any dog without a licence
5. Its illegal to take a dog on a sandy beach, or in a designated swimming zone whilst the zonal markings are displayed (eg bouys)
6. If your dog was microchipped overseas you need to re-register the chip on the Malta database. Otherwise your contact details will not be found. By law this must be done within 90 days from date of entry into Malta, but why wait ?